Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Schedules

I have been the officialy photographer for Prevent Child Abuse MN ( a non-profit located here) for almost a year now. It started last year in April when I took pictures for their annual Gala. That time is almost upon me once again and I am very excited this year as I am donating a family photography session this year :) Also, my hubby gets to join me as well which is really exciting for him. PCAMN also has an annual walk in September that is tons of fun for the whole family. I am really grateful at the oppotunity to be their official photographer and it is self rewarding as well. I also take pictures for the annual Make-A-Wish Gala that happens in May. This year it is at Target Field (The new Twins Stadium). That is sure to be fun as well. The cool thing about the MAW Gala is getting to photograph and meet all the Vikings players and their wives :) I hope that when PCAMN gets that big I can still be their only photographer ;) MAW has 3 or 4 that night so it gets hard "competing" with other photographers. Last year one of the girls that was also a freelance photographer kept telling me and the couple from Lifetouch that we could leave whenever we wanted and that she didn't think we all needed to stay. She was laying her business cards out on the table right in front of the Vikings players which IMO was very unprofessional. We were there on behalf of MAW, not for personal solicitation! All those courses in marketing are paying off for me :)

Conference went great last night for Mikayla! The teacher told us that she has made vast improvements since the fall and she qualifies for the free summer school program. Now I just have to find a way to get her there everyday between 9-12 for an entire month. These are the days I wish I was a SAHM! Maybe I can get hubby's brother to take her since he works nights...hmmmm? Her daycare is in a different city so they won't bus from there. Anyway we are so proud of her :) The only negative thing she had to say was that she can tend to be a little bossy and always wants to be the "leader". She also tattles a lot and has to learn to focus on herself. That doesn't surprise us at all. She is the oldest and quite often helps with her little brother. I don't feel that being the "leader" is such a bad thing but she does have to start turning her cheek away to things that don't concern her. We have been working on that for a while now.

So I got the phone call yesterday that I was waiting for and found out I didn't get that job I applied for. It isn't a real bad thing but I can't lie..I was bummed yesterday. So I came home to my smiley little man giggling at me from the top of the stairs...peering through the baby gate. I rushed up to hug him. What else would make a mom feel better right? Anyway he returns the affection with a kiss! WOO HOO! I love his kisses...those big open mouth wet ones! He doesn't give them out very often so when you get one it is pretty exciting. I squeeled with excitement and he laughed too. Then as we started playing a little I got like 8 more...one right after another. He was smiling and giggling...must have missed his momma :) I love those moments. They are truly priceless! It is those times I wish I wasn't the photographer behind the camera, but rather the opposite.

Today is St. Patrick's day. Not much of a big deal since we aren't really doing anything special but lots of people talking about going out. I am addicted to a new game on Facebook....Mahjong...I think I spelled that right. It is a lot of fun! Anyway...back to the day :)

No comments: